Monday, March 29, 2010
I have terrible mood swings. Thats just the way Iam. I get bitten by the blues every now and then. And the best way to not get caught unawares is to be prepared. And this is what I do...
1. Buy loads of movie DVDs (preferably the feel-good variety) and add to ur collection. So when ever I'm not feeling great, I catch a good movie.
2. Keep a collection of Feminas, Marie Claires, Cosmpolitans or Forbes. They are like instant happiness boosters. Sometimes a mere look at the latest trends in fashion will work wonders for me. If u are a voracious reader, u can buy books too. But books rarely do the trick for me. I need some warm up time ( which is unusually long, but depends on the book) to really get involved in the book.
3. Stock up on goodies in the refrigerator. The richer and the creamier the better. But m really trying not to do this.
4. Cut off people who don't make me feel good. They might be insensitive morons who make rude remarks... rich buggers whose talk on all things sophisticated make me realise how poor I'm... intimidating rascals who make u feel inferior, and smtimes rightly so... cribbers who crib about every damn thing on earth and drag me into their web of pessimism and negative thoughts... gossip mongers who gossip or bitch all the time and lure me into doing the same thing (yes, I'm weak-willed smtimes).... clingy people who give me no space and keep demanding one thing or the other... nags to whom I have to give explanations all the time, yet they never understand.... They may not be intentionally out to harm me. But if sharing space or thoughts with someone makes me feel any less happy, I cut them off. The list may be long, But I prefer it this way.
5. Interact more with happy, fun loving people. And happiness is definitely infectious.
6. Spend more time with my kiddo cousin. Their toothless smile, baby talk, little mischief and unexpected cuddles are pure joy.
7. Keep learning something new from time to time.