Sunday, February 28, 2010

Letting Go....




In order to move on in life, we have to let go @ some point. And move on we have to. Cherished dreams, old habits, past relationships, friendships, emotional baggage and sometimes even the deeply held beliefs are all subject to it. As long as we hold on to smthg, we just cannot make space for anything new. And letting go really makes life so much easier. But the process can sometimes be painful. But I think it is definitely worth it. For eg : I decided to give myself a haircut and keep it short. Howmuchever I miss my long locks, this is so much easier. I'm planning to clean up the mess in my room and organize my wardrobe and throw away all the junk. I deleted all my messages ( I store them all and read them plenty of time) stored in my cell phone. I traded my old huge bag ( which carried a whole lotta stuff and I ended up with a terrible shoulder ache by carrying it around) for a small, comfy bag ( which just carries what I absolutely need) and life has become much easier. Made me wonder... If uncluttering a handbag has so many benefits what is stopping me from uncluttering my mind? I know that memories are a beautiful thing. And each time I revisit them I reach a comfortable place. Sometimes it does take me to an uncomfortable place. But there is always comfort in familiarity. But do I really need them forever? I think it is about time I unclutter my mind of all the happenings, non-happenings ( is there such a word?), conversations and confusions. I really need to let go ....




2 comments:

lex said...

yes yes crashing your sim, not using mob phones, deleting all your accounts from social networking sites.... errrr... :P

Jane said...

You are on a roll Neetu. What can I say? Hope I am not jinxing the thought flow by saying that? Keep it up dear.