Monday, December 14, 2009

Prayers of Gratitude



I just finished reading Khaled Hosseini’s ‘A Thousand Splendid Suns’. It is a brilliant piece of fiction. A fiction which nevertheless took me into a real world. A world I’m not familiar with. But a world I knew existed. After reading the book, I can’t help but be grateful for all the things that I take for granted, the most important being FREEDOM. The lines that follow are my after thoughts…

I’m grateful that I have a loving, supportive family

I’m grateful that I can live my life on my own terms

I’m grateful that I can step outside my house without fear of being beaten up

I’m grateful that I don’t have to worry about my daily meals

I’m grateful that there is really no struggle involved

I’m grateful that I have an education

I’m grateful for the health I have

I’m grateful that I have intellect

I’m grateful that I have enough talent

I’m grateful that I have plenty of time to do all the nothing I want to do

I’m grateful for all the little things I forget to mention

I’m truly blessed, and I’m grateful for that!!!

1 comment:

Lexi said...

nice one molls... wid the grace of God I am also blessed with wot you have said...